Sunday, January 17, 2010

It all started when...

'Littles' finally went to nursery!
I picked up the phone and called an old friend, Mona Hauser (owner of XVA gallery in Dubai), and asked if she had a studio space available for me to work in. Luckily, there was a cute and cozy room in her charming gallery calling me to make a mess of it's floor and walls.
Yes, a space is needed and according to Julia Cameron's 'Artist's way', all you need to do is show up... so I did :)
This is what it looks like:

This is the 2nd courtyard of XVA

The main XVA Courtyard

View of XVA's artist in residence, Halim al Karim's, work. I've taken the picture from the outside as it looks like a harem from the window view.

The long nose directs you to the entrance of my office

This is the front of my office, where i've hung coloured clouds to look at everytime i arrive.

Cute coloured pom pom's on my door


Pictures of my family from the thirties to the sixties


And there you have it, a tour of my inspirational space :)

No comments:

Post a Comment