Tuesday, January 26, 2010

LOGO HELL!

I never thought it would be so difficult to create a logo. I believe I went to 4 or 5 different graphic
designers to finally arrive at the SIMPLEST one.

First I wanted something crazy with fireworks and mania, then something unusual, then something that represented the overused statement of 'classic with a twist'....

The process was quite endless, however it did get me closer and closer to truly understanding how to define what i want.

The lovely Carol Ghantous, was the woman who kept bringing me down to earth in the end by repeatedly saying 'the simpler, the better.. it's more timeless'.

Carol helped me land at the following logo. I decided to go with a system font that I personally kept gravitating to (although i understand that it is now against graphic designer principles to use it ...who cares though!). There is rhythm in the appearance of the letters within the name, and this font revealed the rhythm quite clearly that it almost looks like cursive script.

Carol, thanks for bearing with me :)


p.s minus the purple blog border.

No comments:

Post a Comment