Monday, February 1, 2010

Dress forms

I bought 2 dress forms :) A UK size 10 and a UK size 12. They're both full bodies, with the arms and legs, and are from a company that are considered among the elite for fitting mannequins.

I must say that they were quite expensive, but you really do get what you pay for. Alvanon are the only company, based on my research, that had extensive scanned data of approximately 10,000 people to arrive at the standard sizing they now use.

I receive my forms end of March, but have attached the following photos from the fashion incubator site www.fashion-incubator.com (an extremely useful resource on the entire fashion process), to demonstrate the level of detail they have paid attention to. The style lines are more extensive than other mannequins and the curves on the form are closer to a real life body than most brands out there.





1 comment:

  1. very nice
    ii wanna buy for my institute too.. students would love it...
    can u help me by sending me some helpful details... i live in India

    ReplyDelete