Monday, February 1, 2010

Mariam Yakan

Mariam is the wonderful woman that is designing my website. I found out about her because she did the illustrations for the website of a common acquaintance of mine.

She's one of those people that makes you feel like you've known her for ions. Warm, full of smiles, child like laughter and great vibes.

The reason I decided to work with her, is because I wanted an illustrative website that had a child like aesthetic.. a style that I've always been appealed to and feel I am leaning towards for the website. The brief was: it has too look child like but for adults.. there has to be a dark side NOT a cute one.. Tim Burtonesque maybe.

She has already shared some directions, but for now I'd like to focus on her work before we get to what we've narrowed down to together for the website (that will follow in the next days to come).

Here are some of her artworks:











You can see more of her work on http://mautomata.blogspot.com/


This is Mariam.


Mariam admiring my coloured clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment